rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password. Cannot perform authentication
melvin
2005-07-12 11:26:34 UTC
Hi all,
I've read many emails regarding "rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password. Cannot perform authentication". Some say you need to you need to tell the server what the user's correct password is and use plaint text password. But may I know where to tell the server to user plain text password?Is it in the radiusd.conf or eap.conf?

rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 7
rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured. Cannot create LM-Password.
rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured. Cannot create NT-Password.
rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for melvin with NT-Password
rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password. Cannot perform authentication.
rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 7
modcall: group Auth-Type returns reject for request 7
rlm_eap: Freeing handler
modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns reject for request 7
modcall: group authenticate returns reject for request 7
auth: Failed to validate the user.
PEAP: Tunneled authentication was rejected.
rlm_eap_peap: FAILURE

cheers,
melvin
Alan DeKok
2005-07-12 16:47:22 UTC
Post by melvin
I've read many emails regarding "rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.
Cannot perform authentication". Some say you need to you need to tell
the server what the user's correct password is and use plaint text
password. But may I know where to tell the server to user plain text
password?Is it in the radiusd.conf or eap.conf?
In a database, or in the "users" file.

Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html